App Hub is the place to distribute and merchandise your applications for Windows Phone 7. To get started, you'll need to register as an App Hub member in order to submit an app for Windows Phone. As a Student, you can do this for free through DreamSpark.
Step 1: Get your free DreamSpark account and Register on App Hub:
- Get your DreamSpark account.
- If you're a student with a valid DreamSpark registration., skip to step 2 below.
- If you're a student without a DreamSpark registration, go to http://www.dreamspark.com to register.
- Create your App Hub account on the App Hub Registration page. Under 'Account type', make sure you select 'Student'.
If you have questions, check out the App Hub registration process.
Step 2: Download the free tools and start building your app:
- Download the tools you need to start developing for Windows Phone 7. This package includes:
- Visual Studio 2010 Express
- Windows Phone Emulator
- Microsoft Expression Blend for Windows Phone
- .NET Framework 4
- After installing the Windows Phone Developer Tools, you should also install:
Step 3: Submit your app and get verified:
- Go to App Hub and submit, or "publish", your app.
- You'll get an email from GeoTrust – check your junk filters if you don't get it within 24 hours.
- After you verify your identity, Geo Trust will request a copy of one piece of identification that has your signature.
- Once you send in your signed identification your application will be approved within 5 business days.
- If you have questions about the GeoTrust process, you can contact GeoTrust directly either via their instant chat line or by email email@example.com.
- If your app meets the certification guidelines, it will be published in the marketplace and you will receive a confirmation e-mail from App Hub.
- Once approved your app will appear in the market place within one day.